V for Vendetta

This work is for a Graphic Design project on V for Vendetta. The brief was to create a poster for the film 

This image shows a selection of my scamps. They all contain relevant imagery from the film and are informed from my research. I like to use a variety of media when drawing up scamps, as it helps me to begin deciding which media work with.

This image shows a selection of media experimentation. I think choosing the media that suits the image is a key factor in design, and this allows me to make an educated choice.

From my media experimentation, it was clear that watercolour was the media that would fit with how I wanted my poster to look. V for Vendetta is based on a comic book, and I felt that this imagery and media fits with the tone of the comic book's art, despite being slightly more modern. I felt it was important to consider the origin of my film within my work, and wanted my poster to contain elements from both the comic book and the film. I thought that the watercolour worked well for each background, and so decided to continue to develop these images digitally.

This is my final design. I think that the final development on photoshop has really improved it, and feel it is informed by my research and reflective of the film.